Saturday, November 29, 2014

Love and Garlic-Lime Shrimp Tacos



I am by no means "old". I actually still feel like a baby sometimes, but I am getting older. 

One of the things that makes me realize this is my lack of presence on social media.
I was talking to someone I work with who is several years younger than me, and she had almost 100 likes on an Instagram photo. I told her I've never had more than 30 and she even said, "but it's different for you" because she and those her age utilize social media more so than my age group.

And although before Facebook, we all had Myspace, xanga, away messages etc., Facebook obviously changed things in the social media world. So I mainly use that, as well as Instagram



Now what does this have to do with Love&Grub? 

Well, social media is how I promote this little blog.

I've been trying to increase my presence by utilizing Snapchat to cook my recipes, record them live and posting them on snapchat. (Follow me @loveandgrub)

The first thing I cooked was my Cream of Mushroom sauce and the second thing was... 
you guessed it, Garlic-Lime Shrimp Tacos! 



 These tacos are so easy to make! Shrimp is low in total fat and especially important, it is low in saturated fat. Plus, they cook super fast so they are easy for quick, weekday meals.

I used my Roasted Root Veggie Salad as the base of veggies, but you can use any you like! 

I highly suggest trying sweet potato which is my new favorite sweet addition to tacos. It is an awesome balance with the savory, garlic-y shrimp!


Shall we?


Garlic-Lime Shrimp Tacos
Servings:2
Serving Size: 2 tacos

Ingredients

4 small flour or corn tortillas
12 small shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
Salt & pepper, to taste
2-4 tbsp veggies of choice
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1/2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions

1. Begin by heating saute pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Cook shrimp on one side, about 2-3 minutes, or when you notice they start getting pink and white. 
3. Flip shrimp and add garlic. Stir garlic around, cook for about 1 minutes and add juice of lime. Toss everything together and season with salt and pepper. 
4. Warm up tortillas, top each with about 1 tbsp veggies, fresh cilantro and 3 shrimp per taco.



And voila! Delicious! 

Use your favorite toppings, such as little sour cream, salsa or avocado. Make it how you love it, as always!

I hope you enjoy!

Lots of LOVE,

Eva

1 comment: