Sunday, September 21, 2014

Love and Oat-Full Pancakes


First and foremost, it feels great to be back to cooking and blogging.

I recently took a very important exam for my Master's so I had to take a little bit of a break to focus on studying. I also started a new job/internship so it's been a little hectic these days. 

#foreveranintern

But alas, life is somewhat back to normal and that means, yummy creations from my kitchen!



I've never been much of a pancake fan to be honest. Don't get me wrong, they are DELICIOUS but I tend to crave more savory foods.

However, one night, I suddenly had the urge for something sweet for dinner.

Of course, I wanted to make sure there was something a little healthy about them and looked at what I had on hand.



I threw together some ingredients and out came these AMAZING little oat-full pancakes.

And with just a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have at home.

It's your basic pancake recipe, but the oats hook these little guys up with some protein and fiber, which means these will keep you fuller longer! 

Perfectly delicious!



Ingredients
Servings: 2
Serving Size: 3 pancakes

(These will make about 6-7)

3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sugar

1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (I used vanilla soy milk)

Optional (but delicious) addition: 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Instructions

1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon).
2. Add your milk of choice and whisk the mixture. Add the vanilla and vegetable oil and stir until mixture thickens.
3. Heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat. Spray with butter or lightly butter the pan.
4. Pour about 1/8 cup mixture, flattening it into a circular shape. When the mixture begins to brown around the sides and bubble, flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Top with fresh fruit and a little maple syrup.

These can be refrigerated for about a day, or you can freeze them and microwave them when you are ready to eat!


Delicious, easy and a great way to start your day...or end it at dinner, like I did!

Whichever way you do it, I hope you enjoy it!

Lots of LOVE,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment