Thursday, August 7, 2014

Love and Heirloom Tomato & Peach Salad


Summer is amazing for many reasons...the weather is great, our moods are better and most importantly, there are so many delicious fruits and veggies that are in season.

Especially (if you couldn't tell by the title) peaches and tomatoes.

Who would have thought that these two could come together in such a beautiful medley of flavors? 

Not me!

I got this idea at an internship I am currently taking part in, where my basic job is to find and try out healthy recipes for a clinic for children who are overweight or obese.

Sounds pretty perfect, right?!



So a few weeks ago, the local CSA (community-supported agriculture, if you are unfamiliar) delivered some juicy tomatoes and peaches and I was assigned with finding a recipe to use them...and I found a basic salad recipe that combined these two.

I was shocked by how delicious they were together...so I knew I had to try this one at home and share it with all of you.

I also decided to spruce it up a bit with some goat cheese and cilantro. 

The creamy goat cheese goes so well with the sweet peaches and the tang of the tomato and vinaigrette. This is a perfect salad to serve at any summer BBQ or meal.




Ingredients
Servings: 6

3 peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
3 heirloom (or regular) tomatoes, cut into wedges or slices
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
fresh herbs to garnish (cilantro or basil work well)

Instructions

1. In small bowl, combine balsamic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, combine tomatoes and peaches. Add dressing and toss.
3. When ready to serve, sprinkle with cheese and lightly toss. 
4. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!



YUM! Tastes and looks beautiful.
Can't really beat that!

As always, I hope you enjoy!

Lots of LOVE,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment