Sunday, January 12, 2014

Love and Ramen

I don't know about you but Asian cuisine has to be top 5, if not my favorite, cuisine. I am not sure if calling it Asian cuisine is politically correct, but I am referring to noodles, soy sauce, sesame, garlic, VEGGIES and other ingredients I am unable to think of right now that have all types of delicious variations to create simply amazing food. I love it. 

Another thing I've been loving as of late is saving money! 

I am the worst with saving money, but I am trying to change. Have you ever watched Extreme Couponing? It is insane. These people save SO much money. On the other hand, they are mostly buying products that are processed, full of preservatives or different variations of frozen foods so I am not exactly saying you should go and mimic them. 

The point is, to eat healthy and happily doesn't necessarily mean you have to spend tons of money. Which brings me to my next point, ramen noodles. 




Yea, I am talking about those noodles. The college staple that is so cheap. These are perfect to use to make a ramen stir fry! I use ONLY the noodles in this recipe and not the spices that come with. 

Ingredients
Serving: 2

2 packages ramen, noodles only
15 brussel sprouts, cut in halves
1 package mushrooms, chopped
2 cups spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil (optional, but recommended)


Directions

1. Begin by boiling water. Ramen noodles cook VERY fast so when you drop the blocks in, they should be ready in about 4 minutes. So this will be one of our last steps.

1. While the water boils, start preparing the veggies.

3. Heat the sesame oil, if you have it, on medium to high heat. If not, olive oil or canola oil work just fine.

4. For the brussels, cut the bottoms off and cut them in half. I would add the spinach second to last as it does cook fairly quickly as well. Last but not least, add the garlic. Garlic can burn easily so I always add it last. 

5. Remove a bulb from a garlic clove. Then take your knife and smash it. It removes the skin easily. At this point, you can mince it. 

6. When the veggies are almost done, add the ramen noodles to the water. Just the noodles! The spices they include have tons of sodium, preservatives and who knows what. 

7. Once the noodles are done, drain them and add them right into your pan. 

8. Add the soy sauce, toss it all together and enjoy!



So what's the healthy message today? There really isn't one, other than I wanted these noodles so I found a tasty way to do it. Plus, I added veggies so that's always key for nutrients, flavor and crunchy texture. And I loved it. 

So I hope you enjoy! 

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave it for me down below.

Lots of LOVE,

Eva


No comments:

Post a Comment